Lasting Power of Attorney
A Lasting Power of Attorney allows an appointed person to assume your role and look after your well-being and day to day affairs should you become incapable of doing so yourself. We are able to advise on how these powers will work.
There are two types of LPA; Property and Financial Affairs and Health and Welfare. These allow you to appoint people you trust such as a relative, friend or in some cases a Solicitor to assist with your affairs. The Property and Finance LPA can be effective whilst you still have capacity, however the Health and Welfare LPA only comes into effect if you are deemed to have lost capacity.
Services we can offer
The team at Belcher Frost has a vast experience of advertising clients on Lasting Powers of Attorney.
A Lasting Power of Attorney, provided it has been registered with the Office of the Public Guardian (“OPG”), continues in force even after the person creating it (called the Donor) loses the mental capacity to make decisions for himself. There are two types of Lasting Power of Attorney – a Property Affairs Lasting Power of Attorney and a Welfare Lasting Power of Attorney.
- We give you the direct dial telephone number and e-mail address of the person dealing with your file when you instruct us. This way, you can be certain that you can contact the person you need to – when you need to.
- Our conveyancing service team deals exclusively with residential property transactions all day, every day and have many years of experience dealing with property in Hampshire, West Sussex and beyond.
- If there is a problem with the property you are buying or selling, it is highly likely that we will have seen it before and, most importantly, will know how to deal with it. We are also able to call on other experts in our commercial property department if the need arises.
- We have clients with properties from flats and apartments through to executive family homes and large country properties.
- We are particularly experienced at providing a complex conveyancing service including probate and family matters.
3 West Street
T: +44 (0) 1243 377231